Best Places To Visit In India In Summer 15 Top Destinations – India is a land of diversity, and its charm multiplies during the months of April, May, and June when the country is blessed with pleasant weather. With a plethora of destinations to choose from, planning a summer vacation in India can be overwhelming. Therefore, we have compiled a list of the best places to visit in India during the summer months.
– Nestled in the Himalayas, Ladakh is a paradise for adventure enthusiasts. The summer months are perfect for trekking and exploring the scenic beauty of the region this is one of the Best Places To Visit In India In Summer.
– Known as the “Queen of Hills,” Shimla is a popular summer destination in India. With its pleasant climate, colonial architecture, and stunning views, Shimla offers a perfect getaway from the scorching heat of the plains.
– Known for its tea plantations and the UNESCO World Heritage Site Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, Darjeeling is a must-visit destination in India. The summer months offer a pleasant climate to explore the town and enjoy the scenic views this is one of the Best Places To Visit In India In Summer.
– Located in the southern state of Tamil Nadu, Ooty is a popular hill station known for its picturesque landscape and pleasant climate. The summer months are the best time to visit Ooty and enjoy its natural beauty.
– Known for its beaches, nightlife, and seafood, Goa is a popular summer destination in India. With its tropical climate, Goa offers a perfect escape from the scorching heat of the plains.
– Known as the “Scotland of India,” Coorg is a picturesque hill station in Karnataka that is famous for its coffee plantations, misty hills, and waterfalls. The summer months are the best time to explore Coorg and enjoy its natural beauty.
– Located in the state of Arunachal Pradesh, Tawang is a scenic town that is known for its Buddhist monasteries, stunning landscapes, and rich cultural heritage. The summer months offer a pleasant climate to explore the town and its surroundings.
Reaching Tawang Monastery can be a long journey, but it is definitely worth the effort. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to reach Tawang Monastery from Guwahati:
First, you need to reach Guwahati, which is the largest city in North East India and is well-connected to major cities in India via air, rail, and road. The nearest airport to Guwahati is Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport, which is around 20 km from the city center. You can also take a train or bus to reach Guwahati.
From Guwahati, take a bus to Tezpur, which is a small town located around 180 km from Guwahati. The journey will take around 4-6 hours depending on the traffic and road conditions. There are regular buses available from Guwahati to Tezpur.
Once you reach Tezpur, it is recommended to stay overnight as the journey to Tawang is quite long and tiring. There are several hotels and guesthouses available in Tezpur to suit every budget.
The next day, take a shared sumo jeep from Tezpur to Bomdila, which is a small town located around 180 km from Tezpur. The journey will take around 6 hours and the roads can be quite steep and winding in places.
From Bomdila, take another shared sumo jeep to Tawang, which is around 180 km from Bomdila. The journey will take around 7 hours and will take you through some of the most breathtaking landscapes in the region. You will pass through the Sela Pass, which is located at an altitude of around 4,000 meters and offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
Once you reach Tawang, the monastery is located in the heart of the town and is easily accessible by foot or by taxi.
Overall, the journey from Guwahati to Tawang can be long and tiring, but it is definitely worth it for the stunning scenery and cultural experience of visiting Tawang Monastery.
– Located in the state of Kerala, Munnar is a popular hill station known for its tea plantations, waterfalls, and wildlife. The summer months are the best time to visit Munnar and enjoy its natural beauty.
– Known as the “Yoga Capital of the World,” Rishikesh is a spiritual town located in the foothills of the Himalayas. The summer months offer a perfect climate to practice yoga, meditate, and explore the town’s temples and ashrams.
– Located in the northernmost region of India, Leh is a scenic town that is known for its Buddhist monasteries, high-altitude lakes, and stunning landscapes. The summer months are the best time to explore Leh and its surroundings.
11) Spiti Valley
– Located in the northern state of Himachal Pradesh, Spiti Valley is a remote, high-altitude desert that is known for its stunning landscapes, ancient monasteries, and unique culture. The summer months offer a perfect time to explore Spiti Valley when the snow melts, and the roads are accessible.
– Located in the state of Karnataka, Gokarna is a coastal town that is less crowded than Goa but equally mesmerizing. The town is known for its pristine beaches, ancient temples, and laid-back vibe.
13) Ziro Valley
– Located in the state of Arunachal Pradesh, Ziro Valley is a hidden gem that is known for its breathtaking landscapes, traditional tribal culture, and music festivals. The summer months are the best time to visit Ziro Valley and enjoy its natural beauty.
14) Majuli Island
– Located in the state of Assam, Majuli Island is the world’s largest river island and a hub of neo-Vaishnavite culture. The island is known for its scenic beauty, traditional crafts, and festivals.
– Located in the state of Uttarakhand, Dhanaulti is a serene hill station that is known for its oak and rhododendron forests, picturesque views, and adventure activities. The summer months offer a perfect time to visit Dhanaulti and enjoy its tranquility.
These unique destinations offer a perfect escape from the heat and hustle of the cities and provide an opportunity to explore the beauty and diversity of India.
- Incredible India – Official website of the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India: https://www.incredibleindia.org/
- Lonely Planet India – Travel guide for India: https://www.lonelyplanet.com/india
- TripAdvisor India – Reviews and recommendations for travel in India: https://www.tripadvisor.in/Tourism-g293860-India-Vacations.html
- National Geographic India – Articles and photographs on India’s culture and heritage: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/travel/destinations/asia/india/
- India Today Travel Plus – Travel magazine for India: https://www.indiatoday.in/travel
- MakeMyTrip – Online travel booking website for India: https://www.makemytrip.com/
- Cleartrip – Online travel booking website for India: https://www.cleartrip.com/
- Yatra – Online travel booking website for India: https://www.yatra.com/
- Thomas Cook – Travel company offering customized holiday packages for India: https://www.thomascook.in/
- Goibibo – Online travel booking website for India: https://www.goibibo.com/
In conclusion, these are some of the best places to visit in India during the summer months. Whether you’re looking for adventure, scenic beauty, or a relaxing getaway, these destinations offer something for everyone. So, pack your bags and get ready to explore the beauty of India this summer.